Re: Actual value IP address?

From: Theo Van Dinter <tvd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:52:39 -0500

I was not aware that the spec forced a FQDN or an IP, I thought anything was allowed, it was up to the resolv library to figure things out. Squid seems to do this (http://3463618808/ works fine through Squid on my linux box). Perhaps it should force invalid URLs to be denied by default? (so the "it works on system A but not on system B" reports can be answered with a "See FAQ #.#")

--
Theo Van Dinter                                      UNIX Systems Administrator
Chrysalis Symbolic Design                                     978/436-9911 x163