Re: Need Some Help

From: Brian Ristuccia <brianr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:21:04 -0500

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 02:52:46PM +0000, Boyan wrote:
> Hi to everybody ,
>
> I have 2 dial-up lines from different ISP and off course they give 2
> different IP addresses . So i have 2 linux boxes with squid running on .
> And the each boxe have a dial-up . How i can do load average on this 2
> different dial-ups with squid ? Off course my ISP have a proxy server
> running .
> Thank you very much .

Make a round-robin DNS entry for both proxy servers with a very low TTL and
use that when referring to the proxies in-house.

You could also run connection load-sharing on one of the machines, having
half of all connections forwarded to the other box and half to the local
host.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.978.org