Re: How can I UNINSTALL squid ??

From: Graeme Wood <jaw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:35:45 +0000 (BST)

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Jose Pereira Van-Dunem wrote:

> >> How can I UNINSTALL squid ??
> >>

> >rm -rf /usr/local/squid would probably work.
>

> YES! I had already done it before but when I tryied to install squid again I
> got a lot of errors when I tryied to run the <make> and <make all> comands!
> So, I thought that something went wrong with this method of uninstalling
> squid !
>
> That's why I am looking for another way to COMPLETLY remove all changes
> after the first installation.
> During the first installation i got no error !!

Well perhaps you did your make install as root on the first attempt and
are running make install as some other user on this attempt? Non-root
users don't have permission (normally) to create directories in
/usr/local. You could create a squid directory in /usr/local as root,
change the ownership to be that of the install user and then run make
install as the install user.

Graeme Wood Email: Graeme.Wood@ucs.ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh Fax: +44 131 650 6552