Re: 2 configure could not find ipfilter header files!!!

From: Richard Siggs <rich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:07:06 +1100

Hi Evren,

> how can I know if there are more files that squid is not
> able to find and in my system?

        You can see this in the Squid configure script run output.
It has various "checking" stages in the configure script & you'll see lines
like;

checking for poll.h... no
checking for pwd.h... yes

        Thus files not found have a 'no' listed..

> what does the ip_filter support do exactly? does it configure
> the ip filter automatically? or?

        IP Filter has a Web Site at http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip-filter.html
You need to specifically tell Squid to configure for IP Filter use with the command line
args to Squid's configure script of " --enable-ipf-transparent".

> also how can I find out more information about squid's new
> configuration commands...I see that the manuals are very
> outdated.

        Read the Squid configure script (sorry, that's what I had to do :)

> thanks

No worries,
Richard.

--
Richard Siggs / Spirit Networks / Australian Internet Carrier Service Providers
P.O. Box 1522, Tuggeranong ACT. AU. 2901 / 02 6231 6477 / 0419 609 704