Re: Delay pools

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:04:51 +0800

> I'm trying to understand the nature of squid bandwidth vs user/group delay
> pools.
>
> Is it that squid delays the rate at which a user can receive it's data? Or
> the rate at which squid will receive data? or a combination of both with
> some meaningful guestimate algorithm behind it all?

The rate at which squid will receive data from external sources for a
particular user (or for everyone).

[...]
> squid's own download to match that of the enduser would be meaningful.

This is already done without delay pools, by limiting read-ahead, unless
quick abort causes to object to still be fetched. Note that disabling quick
abort is NOT what you want, you want to set it to a very low level.

David.