Re: Squid 2.1.PATCH2 and customising error pages

From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:29:40 +0000

"John Line (as web server manager)" wrote:

> (a) is it possible at present to get additional documents (in this case an
> image, but HTML "common problems"/FAQ pages would be an obvious addition)
> served by Squid along with the error pages? If so, how?

I believe you need to edit your /usr/local/squid/etc/mime.conf as well if
you want squid to server up other internal images. Just add a line in a
similar way to e.g. internal-dirup. Then you should be able to refer to the
image as

http://webcache.cam.ac.uk:3128/squid-internal-static/icons/mypic.gif

or whatever. Then just change the pages in /usr/local/squid/etc/errors
appropriately to reference it/them.

Jifl

--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Women marry hoping their husbands will change, men||Home e-mail: jifl @