Re: FTP ASCII/BINARY problem

From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:33:18 +0000

David J Woolley wrote:

> > If I download a binary file by ftp in netscape 4.5 under win95,
> > the file is loaded as ASCII (which is useless) when reading through
> > squid,
> > and BINARY (which is what I want) with direct internet connection.
> >

> They probably have different media type maps. You need to tell the
> squid server about the media type for the file extension in question
> by adding it to the mime.conf file.

And BTW, you can change the default for unknown types to be different too,
by editting the "default" line at the end of mime.conf. I change it from
text/plain to application/octet-stream for example.

Jifl

--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Women marry hoping their husbands will change, men||Home e-mail: jifl @