Re: FTP ASCII/BINARY problem

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:06:08 +0000

> If I download a binary file by ftp in netscape 4.5 under win95,
> the file is loaded as ASCII (which is useless) when reading through
> squid,
> and BINARY (which is what I want) with direct internet connection.

They probably have different media type maps. You need to tell the
squid server about the media type for the file extension in question
by adding it to the mime.conf file. NB. You should be able to tell
if squid is going to do it wrong by looking at the icon.

Alternatively, use an RFC 1738 type code (";type=i" in this case, I
think).

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>