Re: FTP Problem with one particular site

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 11:04:30 +1100

Hi,

At Saturday 27/02/99 12:48 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Beitler, David wrote:
>
>> Squid sent the following FTP command:
>> nothing
>> and then received this reply
>> nothing
>
>This error message is seen when in some versions of Squid when the FTP
>server refused the connection (usually "to many users logged in").
>
>Later versions of Squid correctly sends the FTP servers error message
>when FTP server refuses connections.

We also had this problem recently with 2.1pre1 when the remote ftp server
did a forward & reverse lookup of the hostname that our proxy appeared to
be coming from and got different inconsistent answers...after fixing up the
DNS this error went away.

Reuben

Reuben Farrelly Sunbury, VIC 3429, Australia
reuben@mira.net NIC Handle: RF5822
"The only reason people get lost in thought is because
it's unfamiliar territory." - Claude Marcotte