Re: Changing the IP of a web site while Squid is running !

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:45:41 +0100

Jose Pereira Van-Dunem wrote:

> 1-How can I reset the all Squid Caches without having to install
> squid again?

Three options:
1. Do a forced reload request for the site on each cache.
2. Restart the Squid servers
3. Wait for positive_dns_ttl to time out (6 hours by default).

> 2-How can I force squid to refresh or to reload one or more URLs
> immediately in order to update the new IP of a web site ?

Do a forced reload of a object on the site (pragma: no-cache, -r option
to the Squid client program)

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker