Re: prefer_direct question

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:36:27 +1100

Hi Patrick (and others)

I experienced exactly the same thing this afternoon, after upgrading to the
devel 3 release and experimenting with some of the settings. Perhaps a
slightly better choice of words would help the problem - prefer_direct
implies that it's a preference and therefore can be overruled. As far as I
can tell, the most obvious setting which should override prefer_direct
should be always_direct - but always_direct does nothing when prefer_direct
is set to off.

How about force_cache_peer rather than prefer_direct for words? Or better
still, allow always_direct to override prefer_direct?

Reuben