Netscape and explore ask's for password for both ftp and http

From: <Thomas.Hansen.tmh./Copenhagen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:33:29 +0100

HI All.

I am a new squid user and have just installed Squid Cache: Version
2.1.PATCH2 on a linux redhat 5.2.
I use the NCSA for proxy auth. When I connect to first http site after
starting either netscape 4.5 or Explora 4.0 I am prompted for password,
ex. www.microsoft.com. That's fine. If I then connect to
ftp.microsoft.com again I have to type in the password.

If I use my old Netscape proxy server og use the Netscape 4.07 that
came with my linux, I only have to type in my password ones.

Can anyone help me?

Best regards
tmh@manbw.dk