Re: Netscape and explore ask's for password for both ftp and http

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 21:06:50 +0100

Thomas.Hansen.tmh./Copenhagen@manbw.dk wrote:

> BTW: I installed some patches you sent out: squid2.1-PATCH2-hn1.patch
> Then my proxy auth stopped working.

That is probably because Squid started working then.

Btw: This patch is not mine. The changes are mine, but the bundle are
made by someone else. My "original" version of the patches are available
from http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/ (the patch descriptions are moved
to the "old patches" section).

> acl passwdauth proxy_auth /usr/local/squid/etc/proxyusers

There is no quotes around the above filename. You are defining a
proxy_auth ACL matching the username "/usr/local/squid/etc/proxyusers",
which is very different from the contents of the file.

Correct syntax is:

acl passwdauth proxy_auth "/usr/local/squid/etc/proxyusers"

---
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker