Re: (another?) Not currently OK to rewrite swap log

From: tom minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 00:16:03 +1100

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 10:37:28PM +1100, Alastair Waddell wrote:
> OK, can anyone estimate for me what size the swap log is likely to be if
> there's 8GB of cached objects on that partitiion? Maybe 300K isn't
> enough to write the swap log and this is causing the problem. Can anyone
> see a way to get objective about this without replacing the RAM at this
> stage?

One of our 9gig disks swap.state files is 30M after 14days usage and 8.5gig
in use.

300k is way too small. Just delete the cache and start again. Leave some
space for the swap.state file (or put them in another partition - of
course if you lose that partition you lose the entire cache contents of
every cache directory).

tom@interact.net.au