Re: (another?) Not currently OK to rewrite swap log

From: Alastair Waddell <awaddell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 02:26:03 +1100

D'oh

It's 300_MB_ but you've answered my question anyway it seems. Looks like
I have to go pull all that beaut new ram out.

Regards,

tom minchin wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 10:37:28PM +1100, Alastair Waddell wrote:
> > OK, can anyone estimate for me what size the swap log is likely to be if
> > there's 8GB of cached objects on that partitiion? Maybe 300K isn't
> > enough to write the swap log and this is causing the problem. Can anyone
> > see a way to get objective about this without replacing the RAM at this
> > stage?
> >

> One of our 9gig disks swap.state files is 30M after 14days usage and 8.5gig
> in use.
>
> 300k is way too small. Just delete the cache and start again. Leave some
> space for the swap.state file (or put them in another partition - of
> course if you lose that partition you lose the entire cache contents of
> every cache directory).
>
> tom@interact.net.au

Alastair Waddell		o Tel +61 3 96400400
Legion Internet
Queen Street, Melbourne		o Full featured VISP Facility
Virtual Services + DNS Maintenance + ISP Co-location + Internetworking