SQUID AND CISCO PIX FIREWALL

From: Andy Priest <apriest@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 17:47:05 -0000

We are currently using squid. This question is not relevant to Squid, but no
one so far seems to have an answer, so I hope someone out there can help.

Our Cisco Pix Firewall has all outgoing traffic disabled apart from Port 80,
21, 20. Using a web browser through squid or directly we can surf internet
pages and download any file from an FTP server. However, if a file needs to
be downloaded via HTTP it fails! It seems FTP via HTTP uses a different
port?? If so which one? If we allow all traffic out of the firewall, FTP
over HTTP works fine!

Could anyone help?

Regards

Andy Priest