Limit on logline size

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:41:32 +0100

Hi,

what is the current limit on the size of a access.log file line? I got
some strange queries, which showed on about 80x25 characters on my
terminal. The entry got curtailed, and was garbled with the next entry,
corrupting my log file for two lines. AFAIK Squid should support up to 8K
in URL size. Is there a way to tune the access.log line size, so *all*
information available gets logged without garbling?

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726