Re: Configure error messages?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 01:09:15 +0100

Igor Sysoev wrote:

> Is it possible to restore support of redirectors
> in deny_info in such way:
>
> deny_info [ local_error_page | http://somehost/some.gif ] acl_name

Everyting is possible, it is only a question of how much work is
required and who pays for the time needed to make the changes (and to
some extent, who is available to implement it).

> I know that this can be achived by external
> redirector but such redirector eats much memory.

A redirector does not need to use a lot of memory. An memory-efficient
redirector implementation should use about 20KB/redirector, plus any
memory needed to cache the redirection rules (which can be shared by all
redirector proceses which makes it equal or better than using Squid
ACLs). It all of course very much depends on which tools you use to
build the redirector.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker