Re: Persistent connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:05:10 +0100

Irfan Akber wrote:

> Could persistent connection cause more data download.

Not very likely. Presistent connections causes slightly less network
traffic as there is less opening/closing of TCP channels. No additional
data is transmitted only because the connection is persistent.

> I noticed more download since upgrading to 2.1 which is bad as we
> are paying for the amount of data we download which has gone double.

Probably a run-away request or something similar.

Things to check out in squid.conf are:
 quick_abort_*
 range_offset_limit

---