Re: MSProxy talking to Squid?

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:15:41 +0100

At 01:26 PM 3/10/99 -0500, Bill Wichers wrote:
>I know this has been asked before, and I'm sure I've even seen it, but now
>I need the info and the searchable archive is down! Spare a moment and
>give me a quick email reply and I'd really appreciate it!
>
>All I need to know is if it is possible to get an MSProxy box to talk to
>use a Squid box as a parent. I think this is no problem, but MS's site
>says absolutly nothing about using their proxy with anyone else's proxy.
>They also don't say anything about ICP and such, if it even supports it. I
>know they use CARP between other MSProxy boxes.

Yes it can be done but the MSProxy doesn't know anything about ICP. Just
configure your MS proxy to use a parent. "CRAP" is not useful when you want to
configure a single proxy.

>TIA
>
> -Bill

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm