Re: authentication children

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:37:27 +1100

pascal tscharner wrote:

> Hi
>
> Are there any recommandations for the numbers of authenticate_children
> in a heavy loaded proxy?
>
> Cheers
>
> pascal

Umm...Enough so that your last authenticate child gets no requests?
That's one theory, anyway. I actually only use two, because
authentication is a matter of CPU time only....no external requests need
to be made, nor resources queried. Only an in-memory service needs to be
queried via a unix-domain socket. So there's not a lot of point in me
using many more...unless I get more CPU's in the box.