Re: default refresh pattern validity

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:48:12 +0100

squid wrote:

> Can someone be so kind to explain me if the default values for the
> refresh_patern (0 20 4320) violates any HTTP specifications?

Only on two minor technicalities. One is URLs with query strings where
it is not (currently) allowed to calculate freshness based on LMT. The
other is that this violates a recommendation that caches never consider
a object fresh for more than 24 hours withoutproviding a warning in the
reply headers. These violations has no practical impact and is mostly of
a theoretical level or glitch in the HTTP specification.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker