Re: Showing a different html page

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:52:47 +1100

Irfan Akber wrote:

> Is it possible to filter an error page that is received from the parent
> proxy (non squid) and intead show a custom one.
>
> Irfan Akber

Half of my code-support for this is in Squid 2.x, but I have not yet
submitted the matching portion. (Mea culpa, maxima mea culpa...work
deadlines ate my time, and my cat)

The first part of my code adds a header X-SQUID-ERROR to error-pages,
indicating what sort of error actually occured and some rudimentary (but
alas, inadequate) details. The _other_ (unimplemented) half of this
feature is supposed to then replace the content with the local error
page, and insert the appropriate details.

As and when I can...unless someone else would like to volunteer to
finish this code?