Re: file handle patch for linux

From: Sys Admin <stacka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:07:23 -0500 (EST)

-i too had the same problem trying to increase the number of file
descriptors > 256....so i just re-built the linux-2.2.2 kernel and
re-compiled squid. I am running squid on a high-end intel based server
and could use the new drivers that the 2.2.2 kernel supported. The number
of filedescriptors by default w/ that kernel is 1024.

-anybody have any expierence in increasing even more the number of
processes/ file descriptors with that kernel?

-this message was brought to you by:

*Andrew Stack Ellwood:It's 106 miles to Chicago... *
*UNIX Systems Administrator we've got a full tank of gas, *
*State University at New Paltz a half a pack of cigarattes, *
* it's dark and we're wearing *
*Office: 61 HAB sunglasses. *
*Phone: 914.257.3828 Jake: Hit it. *
* -The Blues Brothers *