Re: FTP upload not possible

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:57:11 +0100

Thomas.Hansen.tmh./Copenhagen@manbw.dk wrote:

> When using squid as proxy and cache server, it is not possible to use the upload facility in netscape.

In what way is it not possible to use it? Do you get an error message,
or is the menu choice always greyed out?

I only know that Squid should handle it if you can convince Netscape
that is is possible, and that my versions of Netscape works nicely (3.01
and 4.04 Linux). As soon as I sucessfully opens a FTP directory it is
possible to select "upload file" from the file menu.

The URL has to end in a / however, so if you are trying to open a FTP
directory without specifying a trailing / then Netscape will (correcly)
assume you requested a file which happens to look like a displayable
HTML directory listing, and FTP upload will be disabled.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker