Re: IP-Masquerading AND Squid??

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:46:41 +0100

Coutts, Ashe wrote:
> It seems that that could work but I'd love to hear back from
> someone who has it working and any tips he/she maight
> send along. Thanks in advance, Ashe Coutts

Not much to say about it. To Squid it does not matter if the same
machine are acting as a IP-Masquerade host for other protocols. Squid is
an application proxy, and bypasses any masquerade rules.

Hint: Since a masquerading server is running as a router for all
traffic, you can easily turn on transparent proxying for Squid without
much of the headaches seen in other setups.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker