Re: Increase caching time

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:23:51 +0100

Irfan Akber wrote:

> What I noticed was that the cache was filled 5 GB then the next
> day I have 1.5GB left! All the objects simply disappeared.

Any notice in logs/cache.log? There may be other causes than expiry.

> Would override-expire work on squid2.1-PATCH2.

It exists and does what it is intended to do. Whether it works or not is
a matter of defining what working is.

> When the objects expire are they removed (purged) from the cache ?

Not really. The removal policy is LRU with priority on expired objects.
The higher store_swap_low -> store_swap_high gap you have, the higher
priority are given to removal of expired objects.

But I may have missed something. I have not looked into that great
detail of every aspect of Squids cache purging policy.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker