RE: In need of a solution - silly MS-proxy & proxy-auth

From: Vincent Romeo <vjrma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:00:46 -0600

Unfortunately, from what I can gather, MS Proxies will only interact
"intelligently" with other MS Proxy systems. I guess this challenge would
be showing the end user that they'll get better results out of the squid
solution even if they did get the M$ Proxy for free. How'd they do that
anyway? I take it they must be using BackOffice or $B$, because I know the
basic NT$erver package does not include M$P. [aside] Speaking of which--I
don't understand how people see backoffice as a bargain when the license
only allows you to install all of the servers on the same box and that sends
performance (and reliability) down the toilet.

Vince Romeo, Systems Manager
Madison Academy
vjromeo@bigfoot.com