Re: round-robin parents with no-query

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:24:30 +0100

John Martin wrote:

> I'm trying to get two parents configured with round-robin and no-query.
> When I configure either on its own, I get SINGLE_PARENT for TCP_MISS,
> (which is what I would expect), however, when I add the second, I always
> get DIRECT.

You seem to be correct. I guess I have been looking to much at the
2.2.DEVEL releases lately. I looked back to 2.1.PATCH2 sources, and
indeed non-ICP peers are not used if there is more than one peer present
and never_direct is not in effect.

If you wan't to try seemless non-ICP peering then check out
2.2.DEVEL3+my peering patches. It allows you to peer with any number of
non-ICP peers and have the peering behave much like how it behaves when
ICP is used.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker