IE5 Squid and redirect

From: Steven Sporen <sporens@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:47:51 +0002

Hi,

I want to redirect all upgrade requests for IE5 to an internal ftp server - thus
saving on bandwidth. I downloaded the files and placed them on an internal
FTP server. Then I configured squirm (The redirector I'm using with squid) to
redirect to the local ftp server. If I request the files using my browser
(browsing through the ftp directories) the file comes down and looks ok. But
when I run the Microsoft install program it tries and then moves on to another
ftp server (one I'm not redirecting for) and proceeds to download it from there.

Anybody got any ideas on what's wrong and how I can fix it?

Cheers
  Steve

www.elab.co.za | webmaster@elab.co.za