Re: IE5 Squid and redirect

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:47:56 +0200

Steven Sporen wrote:

> (browsing through the ftp directories) the file comes down and looks ok. But
> when I run the Microsoft install program it tries and then moves on to another
> ftp server (one I'm not redirecting for) and proceeds to download it from there.
>
> Anybody got any ideas on what's wrong and how I can fix it?

Have you done a transparent rewrite of the URLs, or have you set up HTTP
redirection? I think you must use URL rewriting, not redirection.

Quick test: If the location window changes to your mirror server when
you try to open the redirected server then you have set up HTTP
redirection.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker