Re: udp_outgoing_peer (was: Re: squid.conf (udp_incoming/outgoing_address))

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 22:48:09 +0200

Jan Wedekind wrote:

> To express in other words: a neighbor/peer request from Location A will
> always have the source address 192.168.1.4. So the response from
> Location B will go to this address, which itself is configured there.
> So the response will never go to Location A :-(

I don't understand your problem, or what you are trying to say above.

udp_incoming_address is where Squid listens for queries from other
peers. Replies to received queries are also sent using this address.

udp_outgoing_address is what Squid uses when sending queries to other
peers. Replies to those queries are also accepted on this address.

From your description it sounds like you only have reinvented
udp_incoming_address. Or have I completely misunderstood what you are
trying to do?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker