Re: noatime?

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 19:40:48 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 4 Apr 1999 jw@kirk.de.uu.net wrote:

Hi,

> > >1) Can i use mount -o atime for squid disk for speedup.
> >
> > Yes, of course. It was built into Linux/Solaris to speed things like news
> > and
> > caches. The atime isn't of big use to a cache, as Squid-2 stores the
> > relevant metadata within the object file.
> >
> Well, but how may I enable this feature under Solaris ?
> (AFAIK there is no -noatime option to mount)
> Or is it builtin to squid itself ?

You could put the keyword "noatime" instead of the "-" into the last
column of the /etc/vfstab in Solaris 7, to mount without atime by default.
Or read the manpage for "man mount_ufs" for mount options for UFS file
systems (and how to enable logging).

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726