Re: noatime?

From: <jw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 03:34:28 +0200

Hallo Jens,

> > Well, but how may I enable this feature under Solaris ?
> > (AFAIK there is no -noatime option to mount)
> > Or is it builtin to squid itself ?
>
> You could put the keyword "noatime" instead of the "-" into the last
> column of the /etc/vfstab in Solaris 7, to mount without atime by default.
> Or read the manpage for "man mount_ufs" for mount options for UFS file
> systems (and how to enable logging).

Well, of course I already looked at the mount_ufs page before writing
the mail above, and I found really no hint of that option:

[jw@kirk:jw]{513} uname -a
SunOS kirk 5.6 Generic_105181-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
[jw@kirk:jw]{514} man mount_ufs | grep atime
Reformatting page. Wait... done
[status 1]

Also in the ufs-mount binary or used shared libraries there is no hint:

[jw@kirk:jw]{515} strings /usr/lib/fs/ufs/mount | grep atime
[status 1]

so I'll wait for or upgrade to Solaris 7 as you mentioned above ...

Thanks,

        Jan