Re: Concurrent users logged in

From: Graham Somers <gsomers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:09:44 +0200

Hi

Just take the |wc -l off the end and you will have a list of IP numbers

Graham

Joel Taqueban wrote:

> The 'netstat ....' did help but how do you show those users or IPs who
> are currently connecting via the proxy (i mean , 1 user = 1 ip which
> has currently open HTTP/FTP connections)?
>
> thanking in the meantime,
> Joel
>
> Graham Somers wrote:
>
> > Try
> >
> > netstat -na |grep "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy" | cut -c45- | cut -d':' -f1
> > |
> > sort | uniq | wc -l
> >
> > where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the ip number of your proxy machine and
> > yyyy is
> > the port number it runs on.
> > You may have to fiddle with the cut values to get what you are
> > looking
> > for.
> > It is not very accurate but will give you an idea. Hope it helps
> >
> > Graham
> >
> > Joel Taqueban wrote:
> > >
> > > With Linux, when 'who' is issued you already know how many users
> > are
> > > currently logged in. With Squid, how should I determine or know
> > the
> > > users currently accessing the web via the proxy". Sorry for being
> >
> > > stubborn but I am a newbie to this thing. hope for your
> > > understanding...

> > logged in to

> > useless and
> > this,

Graham Somers				Tel:	+263  4 705072
Systems Administrator			Fax:	+263  4 791075
ICON Internet Company			Cell:	+263 11 202083
					Snail:	P.O. Box 4140
						HARARE
						Zimbabwe
 There are only two industries that refer to their customers as "users"