Why not check the cache before doing a redirect?

From: Allen Smith <easmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:27:25 -0400

Hi. I've just implemented a bit of code that should check the cache
prior to doing a redirect (with the decision to do this being a
configurable option - those using a redirector for variable screening
will wish to turn it off). If it later turns out that something's a
miss (expired or whatever), it goes through the redirector anyway. Can
people see any problems with this?

        Thanks,

        -Allen

P.S. If I'm going to be doing stuff like this, should I be on squid-dev?

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu