Re: AS based peer selection?

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 16:43:41 +0200

It just occured to me how _neat_ it would be if squid could run as an IBGP
peer and would base the selection of the proper parent cache on the path the
request would take.

If you are multihomed, you can't use parent-caches since they interfere with
the loadbalancing. This approach would prevent this "misfeature" and probably
increase the use of parent caches significantly.

I am offering the usual round of your favorite beverage to whomever implements
this ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--