Re: suggested value for memory_pool_limit

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:39:12 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:

> I have Solaris 2.6 on E450 with 1Gig of memory. Now my squid (2.1patch2)
> restarted 2days ago and while it was coming up, the process used more
> than 900Mb of memory, resulting in lots of problems for the dns
> processes and etc.... Now I'm using memory_pools.
> Should I place a limit on the memory_pool ?

You can try to disable memory pools once to see if they are the cause. If
the answer is positive, you probably want to put a limit on the memory
pool.

Actually, if you still have that process running, memory pool stats will
show you the peak consumption and allocation values so you do not have to
disable pools to find out if too much memory was pooled at some time.

Alex.