DNS lookup on every request?

From: Bob Snyder <rsnyder+squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 16:36:05 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to set up a proxy that can deal with a split DNS system well...
Essentially, I want all requests for foo.com (and bar.foo.com, and so on) to
be forwarded on to a parent cache without doing a DNS lookup to validate it,
since my proxy can't resolve internal foo.com addresses, but the proxy I'm
forwarding to can.

I have what I thought should work using never_direct and cache_peer_access
acl lists, but the web requests are still failing because of the DNS lookup.
It looks like inside_firewall is what I want, but that's a 1.x-ism. :-)

Am I doing this right? If this is the right approach, I'll sanitize my
config and send the relevant sections in to the list. If not, could someone
send me what the appropriate approach is? Thanks....

Bob