Re: FATAL: Cannot open HTTP Port

From: Azfar Kazmi <oup3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:54:12 +0500

You probably tried to restart proxy and the process didn't get killed.
Therefore it still occupies the default port and new process is thus unable
to open that.

Possible solutions:

- Explicitly STOP and START
- Send a HUP signal e.g. kill -HUP `cat /path/to/squid.pid`
- Send a USR1 signal similar to HUP above [you should usually do that
whenever you want to restart your proxy]
- If nothing above works then, I am affraid, you will have to restart your
box.

I use 1.18 and I thought its a bug in this release but it is also same for
2.1!

Azfar Kazmi