Re: Delay pools not working correctly.

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:55:46 +0800

> Hello squid users,
>
> Last year (11.11.98), Martin Bene wrote about "Delay pools setting",
> I think that his mail wasn't answered, and I'd like to know
> which squid version will fix this problem?

I think I answered the e-mail at the time. The problem is the way squid
scans filedescriptors. It would be possible to make squid behave "better",
for example alternating through a set of different scanning orders. Only
delay pools are affected, and the impact is relatively minor in the real
world, so I haven't looked into it very far. I did suggest some simple changes
which could be made but didn't work on them yet. I think this will probably
be a 2.3 thing (since most likely nobody else will work on it, and I'm rather
busy at the moment) - I'll try and make a patch within the next 3 to 6 months.

David.