Re: SV: Can Squid allow users from Internet to access internal network through password??

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:47:03 +0200

Knut Harboe wrote:

> > For access to POP3 or SMTP you could use a plain TCP plug, or a POP3 or
> > SMTP proxy server such as those available in the TIS firewall toolkit.
>
> Is it possible to use TIS Proxy together with Squid??

Yes. Of course it is.

> By the way, I tested ftp with normal dos ftp, IE5, and ws_ftp => Did not
> work, BUT!! Netscape 4.51 works just fine!! (That is ftp with username,
> not anonymous.)

Using which proxy software? As I said Squid is only a HTTP proxy server,
and needs a WWW client configured to use a proxy to support other
protocols (then acts as a gateway HTTP->FTP/Gopher/WAIS)

TIS firewall toolkit includes a FTP proxy that can be used by FTP
clients such as command line ftp, wsftp and other FTP-only clients. It
also includes a HTTP proxy.

--
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker