Re: ~100% Miss after upgrade to 2.2S2

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:22:47 +0100

> Have you set up no_cache option in your squid.conf?

I've made no significant change from the 2.0P2 configuration:

#
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY

The one thought I have had is that the commented default bucket size
has changed from 20 to 50, and if this is a real change rather than a
documentation correction, and if the bucket size is taken from the
configuration rather than the existing cache, it might well result in
misses for entries that are present.

On the other hand, the comments for this option imply that CPU load
will go down as the value is increased, and the CPU load has gone up,
although roughly in proportion.

If there is a problem there, I'm not sure if I've messed up the cache
so badly now that it is better to wipe it and start again, even if I
fall back to 2.0P2.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>