dnserver problems

From: Jon-George Hughes <Jon.Hughes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:28:10 +0100

William,
        Did anybody fit or reconfigure a firewall while you were away? I
have found that DNS can get a bit funny about access out through a firewall.
Is Squid resolving off an internal DNS? Internal DNS system do a better job
of retrieving names than a client to an external DNS.

        I don't know much about Squid but I have experience of internal
networks, my hunch is something has changed in your internal network.

Jon
Internation Card Enterprises