Re: dnsserver, linux problem?

From: Adam Carter <moodygoose@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 16:54:24 PDT

> > We have a problem with an error that kill our squid server. This error
>is:
> > "FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests.". We can see it in squid log
>file.
<snip>
>The above error message is likely caused by an overloaded DNS server, or
>when there is a major Internet network breakdown.

I too have this error and it has persisted - no wider internet or DNS
problems. I had squid 2.1patch2 running for a few months, but have not been
able to get it running since. If i run the dnsserver program at the command
line it works fine. The machine is hedhat5.2, patched. Hoping it was a
hedhat patch that broke squid, i run up another fresh 5.2 box, installed
squid and it worked fine. I ran the patches and squid continued to work,
disproving my theory (i need to double check tho).

On the original machine i reinstalled squid and then installed the latest
2.2whatever and the problem persisted.

I notice that this problem has appeared on this list many times - has
anybody been able to fix it? Have you all be running linux?

Adam