Re: Squid with two gateways

From: Henrique Pantarotto <scanner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 15:52:15 -0300

>Now I am facing this problem: since both of my parents run at the same
>machine (same "cache-host"), how can I tell cache_peer_access which one I
>am trying to apply the rule?
>
>Perhaps the solution is to create another "localhost" with another name,
>like "hostlocal" or something.. I don't know if this will work.

Henrik and friends,

since my two parents run at the same machine (with different ports), I had
to create two hostnames in my /etc/hosts file called "hostnameone" and
"hostnametwo", this way I could make cache_peer_access work.

I don't know if this is the only way neither the smartest way to do this,
but I guess it is working.

Thanks,

Henrique Pantarotto
Coord. Técnico Operacional