Re: Squid with two gateways

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 21:53:59 +0200

Henrique Pantarotto wrote:

> Henrik and friends,
>
> since my two parents run at the same machine (with different ports), I had
> to create two hostnames in my /etc/hosts file called "hostnameone" and
> "hostnametwo", this way I could make cache_peer_access work.

Good. You found the obvious answer before I had the chance to reply ;-)

> I don't know if this is the only way neither the smartest way to do this,
> but I guess it is working.

With Squid it is about the only way which does not involve coding.

If you are into coding, then the smartest way to do it is to recode
Squid to select different tcp_outgoing_address based on the source
address (preferably a quick ACL check, similar to ident_lookup_access
and cache_peer_access)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker