Squid and ipchains

From: Gene Black <gblack@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 03:32:22 -0400

Does anyone have a good method for using the counter feature of
ipchains to measure the savings on your squid box? I thought I had a
method, but the results appear to be incorrect. I think this may have
something to do with squid faking addresses (I'm running it as a
transparent proxy) - I've done a little network analizing on it and it
appears that squid does falsify the source IP address when necessary.

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas ?

Thanks!

Gene