Re: FTP Downloads

From: Markus Leutwyler <markus.leutwyler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:22:23 +0100 (MES)

On Mon, 10 May 1999 18:39:59 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>> i get a lot of "ftpDataRead: read error: (11) ressource temporarily
>>unavailable" and
>> "ftpReadControlReply: read error: (11) ressource temporarily unavailable"
>>messages
>> in the syslog.

>These are soft errors seen when a filedescriptor is reported ready for
>reading but no data has arrived. If you see these a lot then I suspect
>there is a problem in your socks library implementation of select/poll.

I'm using the socks5 library from socks.nec.com (socks5 version 1.0 release 9
including patch1). Are there any knows problems with this library? Are there any other
librariers i could try?

I have attached two logfiles (cache.log .. taken with debug = all,9) that show the different
behaviour between the small text file and the bigger binary file. The FTP server is
replying to the SIZE command with "213 0" (0 bytes) and this is sent to the browser as
Content-length. I just wonder why the text file works and the binary file not. Could
someone look at the logfile and try to figure out what's going on exactly?

Thanks

Regards, Markus

Inserto AG - Switzerland - www.inserto.ch