regex expression problem

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:20:19 +1000

Hi,
This morning I added two sites to a file of banned sites in regex format that I
use in Squid (URL regex) to deny access. When I restarted Squid it would
not allow anyone to access any site or page including our warning page. I
got the message....sorry you are unable to access inappropriate.htm on this
site. You can look at inappropriate.htm ..... Fairly effective censorship I'd say.

The two expressions I used were:
\.ads.bolt\.
\.lifetimeofsex\.

Can't see why they should trigger this proble, I don't want to try them one at
a time as there are already enough knives in my back. Any clues would be
appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Simon Bryan                    sbryan@olmc.nsw.edu.au